Dr. Rahul Bhargava-Blood Cancer Specialist in India
Listed in the elite panel of hemato-oncologists, Dr. Rahul Bhargava is one of the leading bone marrow transplant specialists in India. Currently, he is working in Fortis Hospital as director of hematology and Stem cell department with more than two decades of experience. He has additionally collaborated with some of the most prevalent healthcare centers in India. He has completed several surgeries, such as blood cancer and other severe bleeding disorders. Dr. Bhargava first diagnoses any health condition and tries to find the best possible treatment in a simple procedure.
Being a qualified and competent hematologist, Dr. Rahul Bhargava always tries to find a cost-effective way to do stem cell treatment or in case of blood-related disorders. He has global expertise and working experience in bone marrow transplant, and all other hematology associated health conditions. He is highly regarded and believed hematologist in all over India and made his name overseas as well. Patients are coming for Bangladesh, Nepali, and Bhutan to meet and get personalized treatment. With these abilities, they have completed more than 400 stem cell transplants and are still counting.
- MBBS and MD medicine Bhopal MP, 1995-2004
- Served as a Senior Resident in Department of Haematology and Stem Cell Transplant at CMC Vellore, 2005-2006
- AIIMS DM Graduate New Delhi, 2006-2009
- Established First Stem Cell Transplant Centre at Medanta the Medicity, Gurgaon and in a short span of two years completed 100 transplants, 2011-2013
- Joined Artemis as Head of Haemotology and performed the first haploidentical transplant in Gurgaon, 2013-2016
- Director of Haematology, Paediatric Haematology Oncology & Bone Marrow at Fortis Hospital, Gurgaon, 2016- Present
- Director And Head Of Hematology
Fortis Memorial Research Institute
Currently the Director And Head Of Hematology- Hemato Oncology And Stem Cell Transplant.
- Director & Head Of Stem Cell Transplant
He was the Director and Head of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplant at Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon, India.
- Consultant, Oncology & Hematology
Medanta –The Medicity
Instrumental in setting up one of the most successful transplant units in North India.
- Fellow, Hemato. & Stem Cell Transplant
Vancouver Hospital, Canada
Undergone Extensive training in Voluntary Stem Cell transplant and Umbilical Cord Transplant for various diseases.
- Academic Registrar, Dep. Of Hematology
Pursued the highest academic degree in hematology (D.M Program)from AIIMS, and Joined the Dept. of HematologySenior Registrar, Dep. Of Hematology.
- Christian Medical College
Gained experience as a Senior Registrar in performing transplant of various diseases from the best Labs in Asia which runs both diagnostic and research facilities.
- At AIIMS as an Academic Registrar. Registrar, Department Of Medicine
Gandhi Medical College
As a Registrar he was proficient in the management of a wide gamut of cases of internal medicine and respective sub-specialties.
- Actively involved in developing hematology in Uzbekistan, Uganda, Iraq, Rwanda, and many other countries
- Champion of community hematology through which he constantly works on Anaemia Free India
- Member of ISHTM
- Runs a campaign called SAY NO TO WHOLE BLOOD were to educate the community of using the blood components
- Founding member of Delhi hematology Group
- Visiting faculty at various national and international universities.
Dr. Rahul Bhargava is a member of the American Society of Bone Marrow Transplant, American Society of Paediatric Haemato-Oncology, International Society of Pediatric Oncology, Paediatric Haematol Oncology, Indian Academy of Paediatrics, Delhi Medical Council and Rajasthan Medical Council.
Best hematologist in India
A hematologist is a master in hematology, the science of blood, blood components, and blood-forming organs. A hematologist is a clinician who deals in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of any blood disorders. Many well-known hematology doctors in India are doing extraordinary work with all their experience and expertise. But, when it comes to the best hematologist in India, then very few of them have more than one-decade experience. Some of the desired qualities that must be in the expert hematologist like diagnosing, treating and managing blood disorders, having technical hands and expertise in the blood-producing organs, and transfusion medicine.
The best hematologist’s responsibility is to diagnose, treat, and transplant all blood-producing organs in the body. If you have any blood-related disorder like blood cancer, then you must find the best hematologist in India who has the ability to diagnose, treat, and transplant simple to complex blood-producing organs. In blood-related disorders, patients need exceptional care and treatment to achieve a quick and effective recovery. The main areas of a hematologist must have hands in bone marrow transplant, blood cancer treatment, platelet and bleeding disorders, and anemia. The department of Hematology covers all the blood-related complications from anemia to leukemia.
Thalassemia Treatment by Dr. Rahul Bhargava
Thalassemia is an inherited blood disorder that results in symptoms such as fatigue, weakness, yellowish skin, deformity of the facial bone, etc. and is caused by cell DNA mutations that make hemoglobin. Dr. Rahul Bhargava uses three standard thalassemia treatments for mild and severe cases. These treatments include blood transfusions, iron chelation therapy, and supplements of folic acid. Since the condition is genetic, it can not be avoided, but to find the best genetic counselor to treat it can benefit the patient to the fullest. While the degree of treatment varies according to the degree of spread of the disease, some of Dr. Bhargava’s most commonly used thalassemia treatment methods may include regular blood transfusion and stem cells.
Dr.Rahul Bhargava: Best Hematologist in India
Dr. Bhargava boasts over 23 years of experience as one of India’s best hematoma oncologists. He’s been linked to some of India’s most prestigious hospitals. He has served as a consultant and senior consultant with hospitals such as Gurgaon’s Artemis Hospital, Medanta – Medicity, Gurgaon, Christian Medical College in Vellore, which are considered to be the world’s leading centers of excellence, not just in India but worldwide!
His academic journey began with M.D. (Medicine) in the year 2004 followed by DM from one of the most prestigious institutes of the country i.e. AIIMS in the year 2009. However, his interminable voyage for professional excellence led him to pursue a post DM fellowship in Leukemia & BMT in the year 2010; from Vancouver Hospital, where he was specifically trained in Voluntary Stem Cell transplant & Umbilical cord transplant for various diseases. Presently, he is the Director of Haematology, Paediatric Haematology, Immunology and Stem Cell Transplant at Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI), Gurgaon, which is India’s first integrated Centre of Excellence in Haematology, Paediatric Hematology, and Stem Cell Transplant.
Dr. Bhargava has worked with numerous adult and pediatric patients suffering from a wide variety of Congenital and Acquired illnesses throughout his extensive career. It involves acute and chronic blood diseases such as Blood Cancers, bleeding disorders along with hereditary syndromes of immune deficiency, and metabolism disorders. The particular form of Blood Cancer reacts to different methods of treatment, and thus Dr. Bhargava puts considerable importance on having a very definitive diagnosis to obtain the best outcomes of treatment.
A PET (Positron Emission Tomography) scan, CT (Computed Tomography) scan, Bone Marrow Biopsy, and a few other measures are used in the assessment process. Such tests help in finding out to what degree cancer has spread into the body of the patient.
Dr. Bhargava emphasizes the implementation of long-term treatment of Bone Marrow Transplant for Blood Cancer, especially for Acute Leukaemia (Acute Myelogenous Leukaemia, Acute Lymphocytic Leukaemia) and Chronic Leukaemia (Chronic Myelogenous Leukaemia).
Being highly qualified and trained at some of Vancouver’s most prestigious institutes such as AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences), Delhi, Gandhi Medical College Bhopal, and Advanced Fellowship in Unrelated and Haploidentical Transplant, Dr. Bhargava brings a wealth of expertise and training. He was taught explicitly about Voluntary Stem Cell and Umbilical Cord Transplantation in Vancouver. He is also focused on enhancing the medical facilities at hospitals he is associated with.
He founded the Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplant Services at Medanta to fulfill patients ‘ needs, and this department rapidly became one of the most prestigious centers for such services. Until joining the Fortis Group, he was part of the highly respected Artemis Hospital, where for quite some time he headed the Department of Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation. This department performed exceptionally well under his direction, attending to countless patients with the most specialized professional competencies.
When it comes to Stem Cell Transplant, he is highly recognized for the outstanding treatment outcome. In particular, for Haploidentical Transplant. At FMRI Gurgaon his dream of the integrated center of excellence in hematology, pediatric hematology, and stem cell transplant was fulfilled. Dr. Bhargava takes care of patients from all over India, as well as from Bangladesh, Pakistan, Africa, Nepal, Bhutan, Iraq, and Russia, among many other countries.
To contact Dr. Rahul Bhargava Send Enquiry
Awards and Accomplishments
- He is the first Indian doctor to perform and propagate a Stem Cell Transplant procedure for patients suffering from Multiple Sclerosis
- The first Haploidentical Stem Cell Transplant in Gurgaon was performed by him on a patient suffering from Fanconi Anaemia patient
- He is credited for establishing eight such cost-effective centers including at Sarvodaya Hospital, Batra Hospital, Action Balaji Hospital, etc.
- He developed the highly established Bone Marrow Transplantation and Haematology facilities at Medanta – the Medicity at Gurgaon; within a span of 36 months, there were more than 100 successful transplant procedures done here
- He along with his efficient team has successfully performed more than 400 transplant procedures
- He is one of the very few medical professionals to come forward and start the ‘Say No To Whole Blood’ campaign. This campaign was initiated to educate people about the best utilization of whole blood by breaking it down and using various components
- Furthermore, he has been working dedicatedly towards developing the facilities related to Haematology in poorly developed nations such as Uganda, Uzbekistan, Rwanda, Iraq, and several other nations. A founding member of Delhi Haematology Group, he also actively works for the cause of Anaemia Free India. Not only this, but he is also invited as a Visiting Faculty to some very national and international universities. He is frequently invited worldwide to speak about Blood Cancer and associated treatment techniques. With vast experience in the field of Haematology, he has even been nominated in the expert committee for the European and international Bone Marrow Transplant organizations.
Dr. Bhargava ‘s vision of the first integrated center of excellence in hematology, stem cell transplantation, and pediatric hematology was fulfilled at FMRI, Gurgaon, known for its excellent results in stem cell transplantation, haploidentical transplantation, in particular.
At Fortis Memorial Research Institute, he has achieved his longstanding vision of the first integrated center of excellence in hematology, pediatric hematology, and stem cell transplantation.
Dr. Rahul Bhargava became the first Indian doctor to do and popularize multiple sclerosis stem cell transplants in 2016. Dr. Bhargava is considered one of the best experts in stem cell transplantation in Delhi and across India due to his extensive experience in this field
Dr. Rahul Bhargava has many publications, both nationally and globally, to his credit and in peer-reviewed journals and is an invited speaker at numerous national and international conferences.
As an accomplished cancer surgeon, Dr. Rahul is committed to patient care and is known for patient-centered & result-oriented treatments.
- ITP Treatment by Dr. Rahul Bhargava
” I have suffered from ITP for 5 years. I took treatment at Meerut but it didn’t help. Then I visited Gangaram Hospital, but the treatment was very costly. Fortunately, I came to know about and contacted Dr. Rahul Bhagrava, at Fortis Hospital, Gurgaon. His treatment has helped me a lot. He helped me a lot and took care of me. His treatment has benefitted me a lot.”
Mr. Pankaj Goyel
- Multiple Myeloma Treatment by Dr. Rahul Bhargava
” I am Kumood Sheikh from Meerut. I have been in touch with Dr. Rahul Bhargava for quite some time. I feel so relieved that he has come to Meerut after so many months because of Corona. We got his appointment and gave us quite satisfaction and relief for my Multiple Myeloma and he’s promised me I will be alright.”
To contact Dr Rahul Bhargava Send Enquiry