Venetoclax is a chemotherapy drug that works by reducing or stopping the progress of refractory acute myeloid leukemia cells in the body. It is responsible for the early treatment of adults with chronic lymphocytic (CLL) or small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL).
Venetoclax is mainly a medication that blocks the action of a protein called BCL2 that helps the cancerous cell active. Both CLL and SLL do not involve any chemotherapy in its place that it targets the CD20 protein, which is present on the surface of tumor cells in refractory acute leukemia’s.
How Does Venetoclax Works Against The Refractory Acute Myeloid Leukaemia Cells?
Venetoclax is the common name for trade chemotherapy drug Venclexta that is an antineoplastic agent, BCL-2 inhibitor. It is ultimately an orally bioavailable minor BCL-2 molecule that is regulator protein, that regulates cell death by apoptosis, either inhibiting or inducing.
This drug works with binding to BCL-2, which is a protein that is present in malignant leukemic cells. Venetoclax breakdowns the lymphocytes that are accountable for chronic lymphocytic leukemia in the human body. Only appropriate for patients suffering from chronic lymphocytic cells (CLL).
The Expected Outcomes After Venetoclax Administration
- Acute myeloid leukemia has poor results in older patients with an average age of 68. BCL-2 (B-cell) lymphoma is an antiapoptotic protein that is responsible for the endurance and maintenance of acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
- The responses counter to the Venetoclax is in 1-2 months.
- This drug is a fusion of azacitidine and decitabine or mild concentration of cytarabine. It is mainly used for treatment in adults who have acute myeloid leukemia.
- Venetoclax is an orally administrated drug that is advised to take one time a day with a meal.
- You can swallow it, but do not break or chew in your mouth.
- If patients missed the dose within 8 hours or miss the treatment, then resume the same schedule by the next day.
Venetoclax is a simple therapy with deep and durable responses against AML patients. Patients receive Venetoclax from 1to 28 days up to one year in the absence of disease progression. If the patient accurately follows all these things as directed by the clinician, then you must see a satisfactory result.Send Enquiry