OPTIMAL DIET FOR CANCER PATIENTS AND SURVIVORS- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DIET
In the world of cancer, hematologist, oncologists focus on ways to reduce inflammation. The key to the lock lies not in the treatment regimen, but in the optimal diet.
Yes, the optimal diet for cancer patients and survivors is an anti-inflammatory diet. As it allows your body to fight off the inflammation that is able to damage your body’s healthy cells.
The mechanism of action by which an anti-inflammatory diet plan helps cancer patients and survivors:
First, let us discuss Inflammation: Biological immune response is activated when your body recognizes anything that is a foreign substance—such as an invading microbe, plant pollen, or chemical. This response triggers the cascade of inflammation. This natural process protects the human body as a defense but sometimes persisting inflammation even in absence of threatened foreign invaders is not normal.
Relating this most of the diseases/disorders including cancer, diabetes, arthritis, heart disease—have been linked to persistent or chronic inflammation.
And among the effective tools for battling chronic inflammation, comes from the grocery store.
Yes, in literature database trials and experimental studies have proven “components of nutrition with anti-inflammatory effects helps the body fight illness like cancer and can protect it from harm.
The anti-inflammatory diet- optimal diet for cancer patients and survivors includes prebiotics, fiber, omega-3s, and antioxidants.
Ideally, an optimal diet to fight inflammation in your body is required to be enriched with vegetables, fruits, grains, legumes, and/or fatty fish.
Best hematologists in India and best oncologists are always in favor of natural Anti-Inflammatories to be incorporated into the diet to fight against cancer or reduce the risk of cancer.
We know you are looking to understand more about natural anti-inflammatories but it may require changing your eating habits as well.
As during treatment of cancer, the role of medication along with other treatments are important, -similarly, an anti-inflammatory diet is a must. And same is foundation for designing diet plan for oncology patients at cancer hospital in Gurgaon.
Just! changing what’s on your plate is a miraculous cure as this lessens the number of flare-ups and lowers down a few notches of having other problems as well.
If you or your loved being is diagnosed with cancer – we suggest that the mainstream nutrition is to eat anti-inflammatory foods.
The next questions you might be worried about is –
How protein requirement of the body will be fulfilled? – The quick fix to this is plant-based proteins (like beans and nuts).
The main outlook in an optimal diet plan for the anti-inflammatory diet of cancer patients or survivors is to avoid highly processed, overly greasy, or super sweet food.
Our specialized team of well-known and best oncologist, hematologist hereby support optimal diet/ anti-inflammatory meal plan helping to keep inflammation under control.
Anti-inflammatory recipes that can help you to make an optimal diet plan delicious are mentioned here:
- Oat porridge garnished with berries is a tasty meal to start a day that assure high doses of prebiotics, antioxidants, and fiber.
- For gluten-free options we can opt buckwheat and chia seed porridge. It will be able to boost omega-3 content, fiber, and protein.
- Turmeric in Scrambled eggs is surely an excellent source of protein, and vitamin D- with an extra anti-inflammatory boost. Since, Turmeric is rich in a compound called curcumin, responsible for managing oxidative and inflammatory conditions.
- Pineapple smoothie- another kick to start a day that is full of fiber and protein. The high levels of bromelain, which has anti-inflammatory is in Pineapple.
- Spinach tortilla that may be accompanied with a salad of green leafy vegetables, and broccoli, is a rich source of two polyphenols called quercetin and coenzyme Q10 and this reduces inflammation.
- Quinoa and citrus fruit salad contain lots of protein and nutrients with an antioxidant boost.
- Grape and apple slaw is a fun side dish that is a good source of another anti-inflammatory polyphenol called anthocyanins, resveratrol that helps to reduce inflammation.
We mention here that ingredients in food provide healthful benefits, but it’s still very essential to include a wide variety of whole food in the diet. The idea of the optimal diet with anti-inflammatory properties is to maintain balance.