What is Lung Cancer?
Lung Cancer is the type of cancer that begins in the tissue of the lungs.
It usually affects the cells lining the air passage. It is one of the leading factors that cause death in both men and women.
Most people who smoke are more likely to have lung cancer though it can occur in non-smokers also.
Apart from smoking, other factors such as passive smoking, exposure to radiation, or having a family history of lung cancer can increase the chances of an individual having lung cancer.
Getting the best treatment is what everyone wants at an affordable price, so let us look forward to lung cancer treatment costs in India.
Lung Cancer Treatment Cost in India
The average lung cancer treatment cost in India usually lies in the range of Rs. 1,00,000 to 12,00,000, depending upon the severity.
It may vary according to the city or other factors.
|City||Cost of Lung Cancer Treatment in INR|
|Delhi / NCR||Rs. 1,00,000 – Rs. 3,25,000|
|Mumbai||Rs. 1,10,000 – Rs. 20,00,000|
|Calcutta||Rs. 1,10,000 – Rs. 14,00,000|
|Bangalore||Rs. 1,00,000 – Rs. 5,00,000|
The average cost of lung cancer treatment in India for different currencies would look like this:
- United states dollar – $1200 – $15000
- Pakistani Rupee – Rs. 2,00,000 – Rs. 30,00,000
- Nigerian Naira – ₦5,00,000 – ₦60,00,000
Cost of Lung Cancer Treatment Around the World
The lung cancer treatment cost varies around the world.
Most countries expect huge fees for lung cancer treatment, including diagnostic tests, surgery costs, radiation or chemotherapy costs, medicine, hospital facilities, and miscellaneous fees.
The cost may vary according to the city and hospital as well as the type of lung cancer.
Factors Affecting the Lung Cancer Treatment Cost in India
There are several factors which can hinder the lung cancer treatment cost in India including:
Why is India the Best Destination for lung Cancer Treatment?
People around the world choose India for lung cancer treatment as India provides with world class facilities such as:
i) Less waiting time – Getting appointments is easier in India than anywhere else. The procedure to get an appointment with an oncologist consists of a few steps. You can get a consultation from the specialist through online portals and mediators.
ii) Skilled Oncologists – India has many well-renowned oncologists. These skilled professionals have years of experience in their respective fields. Most of them have completed their studies or got medical certificates from world-class institutes.
iii) Best Hospital – Healthcare services are one of the main reasons to choose India for cancer treatment. All the top-rated hospitals in India for Lung Cancer Treatment deliver the finest patient care.
These hospitals offer world-class infrastructure that provides a comfortable environment for their patients. These hospitals’ doctors and nursing personnel are highly experienced and qualified professionals who can provide high-quality patient care.
iv) Results – After being treated by the best oncologists in India, there is a much higher rate of positive results. The survival rates are similar to that of well-developed countries.
v) Latest Equipment’s – Most cancer patients would benefit from all traditional and advanced treatment options available at the leading cancer hospitals, including chemotherapy, radiation therapy, immunotherapy, and targeted radiation therapy.
It should also provide non-invasive or minimally invasive surgical techniques, such as Cyberknife therapy. The hospital would be equipped with all the necessary modern equipment and innovative technology to provide the best possible treatment for cancer patients.
vi) Latest medicine – All the latest cancer medicines are available in India. Even cancer drugs are much cheaper in India than the USA or other developed countries. Recently approved drugs from DCGI are being used to treat cancer patients at 1/8th the price of the USA.
These are some of the major reasons people from different countries opt for India for lung cancer treatment.
Why is the lung Cancer Treatment Cost in India Different from Other Countries?
The medical and non-medical staff in Indian hospitals provide the utmost care and support to cancer patients throughout their treatment.
The lung cancer treatment cost in India is lower than lung cancer treatment in any other country.
A good cancer hospital would provide cancer screening services at lower rates to facilitate early cancer detection.
This early detection, in turn, improves treatment success rates.
Cancer care centers in India will also provide their patients with high-quality care, diagnostics service, and treatment at an affordable rate.
Stages of Lung Cancer
Lung cancer has been classified into different stages depending on factors such as the size of the tumor, location of the tumor or the fact if it has spread to other parts of the body or not. Generally, doctors stage cancer as given below:
- Occult stage – It is a type of cancer called hidden cancer because the tumor cannot be seen by scan or through biopsy, but cancer cells are present in mucus when a patient coughs.
- Stage 0 – In this stage, the tumor is tiny and cannot spread to lung tissues.
- Stage 1 – Cancer has spread to lung tissues but not to the lymph nodes.
- Stage 2 – Cancer cells have spread to lymph nodes surrounding the lungs.
- Stage 3 – From lymph nodes, cancer cells have spread to the middle of the chest.
- Stage 4 – Cancer cells have spread to other body parts it is said to be at the last and forth stage.
Type of Lung Cancer Treatment
There are multiple ways to treat cancer. Some of the most common ways to treat lung cancer are listed below:
- Surgery – Lung cancer surgery is one of the options of treatment for lung cancer patients depending on the location and type of tumor. In this process, tumors of cancer cells are eradicated using surgical intervention. Some surrounding cells and lymph nodes in the infected region are also removed with a tumor. Surgery is one of the best options for benign lung cancer.
- Radiation Therapy: By using a high-energy radiation beam, lung cancer is treated in many patients. These high-energy radiation beams kill the cancer cells or keep them from dividing futher. It can be given in two ways: external radiation or placing a radiation source near infected regions.
- Chemotherapy: Lung cancer can be treated using harsh drugs/medicines. This process of treatment of cancer is known as chemotherapy. The goal could be any of these depending on the cancer stage, shrinking the tumor before surgery, killing remaining cancer cells after surgery or reducing lung cancer symptoms.
- Targeted Drug Therapy: Other cancer treatments have some side effects. One of the common side effects is damage to healthy cells. Targeted drug therapy reduces this damage to healthy and normal cells in the body. This process only focuses on cancer cells and ways to interrupt their growth and functioning.
- Immunotherapy – Immunotherapy is a type of medicine used to treat cancer. These drugs help the patient’s immune system to find and kill cancer cells. Multiple immunotherapy drugs are used to treat advanced-stage lung cancer.
How can Cancer Rounds help you?
Cancer rounds acts as a virtual mediator between cancer patients worldwide and the best oncologists in India.
It helps in getting affordable treatment at the best hospitals in India.
It provides high-class facilities such as virtual consultation from renowned doctors, appointments with cancer experts at the right hospital, visa assistance, and many more.
You have to post a query and expect a call from our team within 24 hours.
Cancer rounds will fulfill all your needs required for cancer treatment in India.