The treatment period for Leukemia cancer is very time-consuming. Hence, the patient always worries about the cost, and sometimes he or she pauses the treatment only for the cost.
To reduce the pressure from the cancer patient, a considerable number of suitable hospitals are there, which gives leukemia cancer treatment in India affordable cost. As per the health condition and cell damages of the patient, proper therapy is given.
The blood cancer treatment cost in India starts from Rs 1,00,000 to Rs 20,00,000. It can increase as per the treatment procedure, and if the patient is required to transplant bone marrow, then it will cost up to Rs 10,000,00.
|Leukemia Cancer Treatment Cost in India
|Rs. 1,00,000 – Rs. 18,00,000
|Rs. 3,00,000 – Rs. 20,00,000
|Rs. 2,00,000 – Rs. 18,00,000
|Rs. 1,50,000 – Rs. 19,00,000
|Rs. 2,50,000 – Rs, 20,00,000
Take a free opinion from the best hematologist for your treatment. You are just one click away, send us your query.
Introduction – Blood Cancer
Leukemia is the type of disease that is caused due to a problem with the blood cells. Leukemia is also known as cancer of blood or Blood Cancer.
Diagnosis of Leukemia is a bit difficult because doctors may not suspect leukemia based on the symptoms.
At the very first stage, doctors may find that patients have an enlarged spleen or liver, or maybe lymph nodes are swollen by the patients who are quite reasonable.
By routine blood tests, doctors can detect Leukemia, especially by seeing abnormal blood cell count.
Once there is any doubt, then it is required to go with a biopsy test of bone marrow or test of genetic abnormalities.
Briefly, Leukemia Cancer is detected if there is extensive damage to white blood cells. This results in the innumerable growth and division of blood cells causing Leukemia blood cancer.
As there are too many damaged blood cells, the healthy blood cells are replaced in the bone marrow.
In Leukemia Cancer, we find that the unhealthy or damaged blood cells block the good cells to grow in the body.
Medical Science has made remarkable achievements in Leukemia Cancer Treatment in the 21st Century. Scientists and Doctors have done extensive research on Leukemia Cancer Treatment.
Therefore the diagnosis and treatment of Leukemia Cancer is no longer a difficult procedure.
What are the factors that affect the blood cancer treatment cost?
The cost of blood cancer treatment can be influenced by several factors. Here are some key factors that can affect the cost:
- Type and Stage of Blood Cancer
- Treatment Modalities
- Treatment Regimen
- Healthcare Facility and Location
- Additional Services and Support
- Insurance Coverage
It is essential to consult with healthcare professionals, including oncologists and insurance providers, to get a more accurate estimate of the potential costs associated with blood cancer treatment, as individual circumstances may vary.
Types of Leukemia Cancer
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL)
- Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML)
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML)
The treatment of Leukemia Cancer or Leukemia Blood Cancer is often based on the type of diagnosis of Leukemia Cancer.
Often, doctors prescribe a blood test to diagnose the type of Leukemia Cancer which is soon followed by the Bone Marrow Test. This test is done to determine if the patient has Leukemia Blood Cancer.
Once the physician determines the type of Leukemia Blood Cancer, he will suggest the various options to treat and cure Leukemia Cancer.
The treatment of Leukemia Blood Cancer entirely is dependent on the status of health, age of the patient, and the type of Leukemia Cancer.
The most appropriate method of diagnosis of Leukemia Cancer would be to observe the genetic changes or characteristics of Leukemia Cancer cells in the laboratory.
Types of leukemia Treatment
The following are the treatment options made available to Leukemia Cancer Patients:
1. Chemotherapy for Leukemia
One of the most common treatment options available to those suffering from leukemia cancer is chemotherapy. In this type of Leukemia Cancer Treatment, the patient is given cancer treatment drugs vide.
- Pills or Tablets to be taken orally
- Intravenous Line directly into the bloodstream
- Intrathecal Chemotherapy (Directly delivered to the cerebrospinal fluid)
Chemotherapy treatment given the patients with Leukemia Blood Cancer may face the following side effects.
- Loss of Hair
- Mouth Ulcers
- Lack of appetite
- Being Tired
- Being bruised or tends to bleed easily
- Lack of resistance and prone to infection due to low count of white blood cells
- Infertility in Men (due to damage to testes)
2. Biological Therapy
Treatment of Leukemia Cancer that makes use of living organisms, substances which arise out of these living organisms or even make use of the synthetic developments of the substances.
Leukemia Cancer Cells are recognized by the immune system in this type of therapy. Then they are attacked and killed completely. Biological Therapy towards the treatment of Leukemia Blood Cancer is of various types.
- Tumor Vaccines
- Cytokines (To control the immune system, substances are produced inside the body)
- Monoclonal antibodies (Treatment Leukemia Cancer that specifically targets a protein found on CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia) blood cells.
Leukemia Cancer Patients undergoing Biological Therapy are known to have lesser side effects than those who underwent chemotherapy. Some of the common side effects are:
- Rash or a Swelling due to IV infusions
- Sore Muscles
- Being Tired
3. Targeted Therapy
In this type of Leukemia Cancer treatment, drugs are administered to kill one function or property of a cancer cell instead of destroying all the Leukemia Blood cells completely.
This is done so that there is no interference to the normal cells as they may get damaged during the therapy. Targeted therapies cause the target cell to stop increasing in number rather than destroying them altogether.
Targeted Cancer Therapy administered to Leukemia Cancer Patients are commonly inferred as:
- Molecularly Targeted drugs
- Molecularly Targeted Therapies
- Precision Medicines
Targeted Cancer Therapy is given as
Leukemia Cancer Patients that undergo Target Cancer Therapy as a form of treatment of their cancer have the following side effects:
- Bloating or Sudden Weight gain
- Muscle Cramps
4. Radiation Therapy
High Energy Radiation is used to target leukemia cancer cells in radiation therapy form of treatment. It is generally administered or suggested to do on Leukemia Cancer Patients wherein the cancer cells are spread to the brain.
Leukemia Cancer Patients that undergo Radiation Therapy have the following side effects
- Skin that is treated with radiation becomes red, dry and tender
- Nausea, Vomiting and Diarrhoea
5. Bone Marrow Transplantation
Patients suffering from Leukemia Blood Cancer are firstly given Chemotherapy and Radiation Treatments to completely eradicate Leukemia Cancer Cells in the normal Bone Marrow.
Cells are then delivered to the Leukemia Blood Cancer Patient by an intravenous infusion. The bone marrow will then start to produce new blood cells. Cells are either given to the patient being treated for Leukemia Cancer in the following ways:
- Autologous Bone Marrow transplantation (Patient’s Stem are used to destroy the Leukemia Cancer Cells
- Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplantation (Cells that are contributed by a donor)
Blood Cancer Treatment in India is undertaken by selective hospitals with a team of a hematologist who is trained in managing blood cancers.
If a patient is searching for the best blood cancer doctor in India then the Cancer Rounds team can help identify the requirement for such patients.
In some cases, patients who have been diagnosed with Leukemia Blood Cancer are also treated by surgery.
Doctors suggest surgery to remove spleen which is known as splenectomy if they find an enlarged spleen and when radiation or chemotherapy was unable to reduce it.
Surgery is also done to improve the blood count in patients having Leukemia Blood Cancer.
7. Supportive Treatment
As patients having Leukemia Blood Cancer often have fewer than normal blood cells, there is an increased risk of infection and bleeding. Supportive Treatment is given to reduce any side effects of medical and radiation therapy.
Types of Supportive treatment given to patients being treated for Leukemia Blood Cancer are:
- Flu Vaccines
- Transfusions of Platelet or Blood
- Medications to combat Nausea
- Antibiotic medications to treat infections
- White Blood and Red Cell Growth factors to stimulate Blood Cell Production
Is There Any Hospitals In India for Leukemia Treatment
There are excellent Leukemia cancer treatment hospitals in India where expert doctors and healthcare professionals very clearly observe the early symptoms of Leukemia which includes swollen glands, unexplained and individual weight loss, swollen and bleeding gum, slow-healing of cuts, frequent bruises, Skin rashes, etc.
It sounds odd, but until now, there is no specific way to prevent most forms of Leukemia. But patients can trust the best Leukemia Cancer Treatment Center in India where they can get proper treatment with the significant advantages to control their disease.
Doctors always advise all the patients not to take any burden of work, which affects their mental health. A friendly and hygienic environment is the mandatory thing for every patient who is suffering from Leukemia cancer.
It is also noticed that the medical history of a patient has a significant role in causing Leukemia. Leukemia cancer can continue as heredity wise.
For this reason, every family member, in that case, should take the frequent medical diagnosis, and they should not neglect any sudden illness.
Benefits of Choosing Cancer Rounds?
Our organisation is putting a step forward to make the process of getting consultation and treatment an easy journey for cancer patients.
We offer many services as given below in the table:
Blood Cancer Treatment In India
Blood cancer is essentially a compilation of malignancies that wreak havoc with the health and well-being of the patient, often leading to death.
The good news is that the best cancer doctors in India are successful in treating the deadly disease and medications for blood cancer are easily available and are constantly evolving.
The recovery and longevity rates in India are exhibiting an upward graph as the treatment approaches are coming of age. Researchers have identified particular gene mutations that can be treated for healthy and successful regeneration, providing the therapy is performed in the initial process.
How Cancer Rounds Will Help You?
Cancer Rounds is associated with some of the best blood cancer doctors in India who are known for providing the best blood cancer treatment.
For the city-wise availability, you can speak with one of our caregivers with an active presence in Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Mumbai, Jaipur. For affordable blood cancer treatment in India, you can reach out to us at +91-8130077375.
- Several successful treatment approaches are provided by the best blood cancer doctors in India for this disease. A highly specialized team of Haemato-oncologists provides state-of-the-art treatment for a variety of blood cancers like leukemia.
- The primary objective of blood cancer treatment in India is the complete eradication of cancer. The goal of chemo induction is to get a complete remission of leukemia. It ensures that the leukemia cells are no longer present in traces of the bone marrow (on a biopsy of the bone marrow), the normal marrow cells return, and blood levels return to normal. But remission is not always a cure because leukemia cells may still be hidden in the body somewhere.
- The first month of treatment is intensive and requires regular oncologist appointments. You may have to spend some or much of your time in hospital as there could be severe illnesses or other complications.
- Using all medications as recommended is really essential. Complications can still be severe enough to be life-threatening, but with recent developments in supportive treatment (nursing, diet, antibiotics, growth factors, red blood cell, and platelet transfusions if required, etc.), these are much less likely than in the past.
- Most often, blood cancer treatment in India goes into remission with induction chemotherapy. Because leukemia cells may still be hiding somewhere in the body, further treatment is necessary.