Introduction – Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer, as the term suggests, is the type of cancer that affects prostate cells in the body.
Although the actual cause of prostate cancer is unknown, some factors, such as radiation exposure, aging, obesity, inheritance, and race, may increase the risk of having it.
Hesitant urination, an ongoing need to pass urine, excruciating ejaculations, dribbling, and the difficulty to maintain a steady urine stream are some of the symptoms.
Early-stage prostate cancer that is still contained to the prostate gland provides the greatest chances for recovery.
The overall success rate of prostate cancer is higher than other cancer types.
This article majorly focuses on cost of prostate cancer treatment in India.
There are various methods for the treatment of prostate cancer which will also be introduced as we go further.
Prostate Cancer Treatment Includes
Some of the most common prostate cancer treatment techniques are:
In the procedure of surgery, only the affected prostate gland may be removed by the surgeon. Or they could take it along with the surrounding tissue.
Problems regulating urination and having issues obtaining and maintaining an erection are the most frequent adverse effects following surgery. After surgery, some of the symptoms, mainly urinary incontinence difficulties, go away on their own.
To treat cancer, this procedure utilizes high-energy beams that are similar to X-rays.
When the cancer is still in the prostate or is of low degree, this option can be used for treatment.
It may also be prescribed after surgery to eradicate any cancer cells that may have remained.
Male sex hormones, such as testosterone, are necessary for the growth of prostate cancer cells.
The cancer cells are prevented from obtaining them by this therapy.
The levels of testosterone and other male hormones are decreased by several hormone therapy.
Some of them stop those hormones from functioning in that way.
Drugs that are ingested or administered intravenously move through your body, targeting and destroying cancer cells and reducing tumor size.
If the illness has gone beyond your prostate and hormone treatment isn’t helping you, you could undergo chemotherapy.
During prostate laser surgery, a doctor inserts a scope through the tip of the penis into the tube that conducts urine from your bladder (urethra).
The urethra is surrounded by the prostate, which can become enlarged and limit the passage of urine from the bladder.
A laser that has been delivered through the scope gives energy to the prostate that causes the extra tissue that is obstructing urine flow to shrink or be removed.
Cost of prostate laser surgery in India doesn’t exceed more than one lakh rupees.
Depending on the laser used, the location of the treatment chamber, the patient’s age, and other medical issues, prostate laser surgery may differ.
Prostate Cancer Treatment Cost in India
As offering the prostate cancer treatment at the lowest in the world, India has variation in the cost of prostate cancer treatment according to the cities. This table below explains this fact:
Delhi provides the treatment of prostate cancer at the minimum amount amongst the other cities of India.
The doctors in Delhi are skilled oncologists with many years of experience.
These specialists have completed their education from renowned universities of India and foreign countries.
Prostate cancer has a very high success rate as compared to other types of cancer.
According to the most recent data, when all stages of prostate cancer are considered, the 5-year relative survival rate is 99%.
The relative 10-year survival rate is 98%. The relative survival rate at 15 years is 96%.
This means that there is a high chance of survival after having prostate cancer treatment.
Cost of prostate cancer treatment in the world
The prostate cancer treatment can be done in many ways; hence the cost of each treatment varies.
In the world, every country has different cost for the treatment of prostate cancer, as shown in the list below:
India stands to be on the top of the list for providing the prostate cancer treatment at the lowest cost.
Although the cost is less as compared to other countries does not mean the quality is sacrificed.
Factors affecting the cost of prostate cancer treatment
The total cost of prostate cancer treatment in India includes many factors in addition to the main course of treatment.
These factors can be different for different stages of prostate cancer, majorly including diagnostic tests, consultation fees, medicines, post-treatment check-up or for the stay of hospital etc.
The following table contains all the variables that may affect the cost of prostate cancer treatment in India:
Why do people choose India for the treatment of prostate cancer?
India has been the third most visited country for medical treatment.
Thousands of people from around the world come to India for their cancer treatment.
It is the latest technology in the hands of skilled doctors that make every surgery a successful work.
The following are the major reasons of why people choose India for their treatment:
Cost of prostate cancer treatment in India:
- As depicted above, India provides prostate cancer treatment at the lowest price.
- It offers the same treatment and same quality of treatment at one-eighth of the amount needed for prostate cancer treatment in the USA.
- The developed countries provide the identical treatment at higher cost.
- Most people travel to India for the least amount of money used for the treatment of cancer.
Better Hospital Facilities:
- Hospital buildings are equipped with world’s best infrastructure that gives patients a comfortable environment.
- The best cancer treatments are provided by all highly regarded cancer treatment (oncology) hospitals in India, as is patient care. In these facilities, the medical team consists of both skilled and knowledgeable doctors.
- Oncologists are trained medical professionals with experience in treating cancer.
- They can determine the stage of cancer and design a minimally invasive cancer treatment for a specific cancer type.
- To guarantee that patients receive the proper dosage and high-quality care, they co – operate with the nursing staff.
Latest approved drugs:
- In India, all of the most recent cancer medications with FDA approval are easily accessible.
- Cancer medications cost a patient a fortune in other developed nations but are far less expensive in India.
How can cancer rounds help?
- The purpose of Cancer Rounds is to guarantee that the best medical decisions are made.
- It helps cancer patients get the most effective care at a reasonable cost.
- It is a technology-driven online medical solution provider with the top cancer treatment centers in India.
- Simply submit your inquiry, and a member of our staff will get in touch with you within a day.